Whistler Spirit Run, September 28, 2014
“I believe that sport teaches you what is really worthwhile in life and how much you can get out of hard work, sacrifice, and commitment”. – Frank Reynolds
This run is the realization of Frank Reynolds’ vision to provide a first class running event in our beautiful backyard that is British Columbia. The Spirit Run intends to foster healthy communities and benefit British Columbia athletics.
Learn more at: http://www.whistlerspiritrun.com/
Whistler Readers and Writers Festival, October 17 – 19, 2014
This annual event celebrating the written word is rapidly approaching. Meet renowned Canadian authors, listen to lively speakers panels and attend workshops and reading events.
The following Canadian and international authors will be in attendance for the 2014 festival, interacting through readings, workshops and seminars:
- Joseph Boyden (author of The Orenda)- Winner of Canada Reads, nominated for the Scotiabank Giller Prize and Governor General’s Award for Fiction
- Ann-Marie MacDonald (author of Fall on Your Knees, The Way the Crow Flies)
- Audrey Thomas (author of Local Customs) – Winner of BC’s Ethel Wilson Fiction Prize
- Grant Lawrence (author of Adventures in Solitude: What Not to Wear to a Nude Potluck, The Lonely End of the Rink) – Winner of the BC Prize
- Luba Goy (author of play Luba, Simply Luba) – Winner of the 2014 Kobzar Literary Award
- Charles Foran (author of Mordecai: The Life and Times) – Winner of the Governor General’s Award
- Hosts include Bill Richardson, Mark Forsythe and more local talent
The Whistler and Pemberton area is all about a LIFESTYLE CHOICE, whether it’s pertaining to an investment property, holiday home or a full time residence. To view the latest listings in the surrounding area click here.